Thank you for submitting to ShmooCon. Please make sure you have the following information before submitting. Submissions that do not follow the format described in our CFP (and outlined below) risk being rejected without review.
- Speaker name(s) and contact information
- Presentation Title
- Track Preference (may select more than one but please describe how your talk would change to meet track requirements in item 6 below)
- Abstract (copied from your submission)
- Document in TEXT or PDF format which contains the following in this order:
- Title of Presentation
- Presenter(s) Name
- Abstract of your presentation limited to 200 words or less for use in the ShmooCon program and on the website.
- Bio limited to 100 words for you OR your group (not 100 words per person).
- Detailed Description – the most important part of your submission. You need to provide detailed information that demonstrates your knowledge of your topic and how you will present it to the audience. Do not rely on your abstract to be enough for the review committee. It isn’t.
- Track Preference – describe how you would adjust your presentation for track or time considerations. Do not leave this portion out if you submit to multiple tracks.
- Why do you feel this submission is a good fit for ShmooCon?
- List of other conferences at which submission has been presented or submitted.
- Are you a potential first time presenter at ShmooCon? Have you spoken at any other conferences? If yes, which ones?
- If accepted, would you be willing to write a 1000 word article about your topic for ShmooCon Proceedings?
- List of facilities requested beyond what is already provided (power, projector with VGA input, sound projection, and internet connectivity).